Saturday, July 27, 2013

Bruno Mars and Lips :)

I remember growing up being teased about different aspects of my appearance. Many children who are constantly picked on either become a bully themselves later in life or they retreat within themselves and develop a complex. I did the latter. One of the the features up for regular discussion were my lips. Now I must say that my lips probably have always been the size they are now, which means I had "big lips" as a child indeed LOL. I used to try to somewhat hold them in so they wouldn't appear as large. But that behavior stopped when I realized, that was just plain stupid LOL. I remember someone telling me as a teenager, "girl you sure grew into those lips." Ummm....ok? I'm tickled even now writing this because I guess that was supposed to be a compliment. I digress.

What I did realize however, were that my lips were beautiful and I learned to love them because they were mine! Women pay big money to have the lips that I have, naturally. Other women use lip liners and many other cosmetic tricks to create the illusion of "full lips." And wouldn't you know....the same guys that relentlessly teased me growing up....now fiercely admired these BIG LIPS! LOL. I could go on and on about a few of my other traits, some I grew to love and like many women, others are still a work in progress. But I can tell you this, I love my lips, big, juicy and all! :) Point is, we all have certain parts of ourselves that we've disliked but eventually learned to love. We've all grown into MANY parts of ourselves LOL, physically, spiritually, socially, intellectually, emotionally, etc. What aspects have you learned to appreciate about yourself? Instead of focusing on the negative, look into the mirror then make a list and accentuate the positive. Change what you can and love the rest! In the words of Bruno Mars...."girl, you're amazing, just the way you are" - I love that song :)
Lips....Lips....And More...Lips! ;)
 
I've learn to protect and care for my lips. I always say they're too big to be cracked and ashy LOL. So I'm going to give you my steps of how I take care of my lips. Once you do this you'll have soft, sweet and smooth lips. You'll love yourself for it and your lips will thank you for it! I love this homemade Vaseline Sugar lip scrub, it leaves my lips feeling amazing. You probably have all of these items at home, so it also fits right into your budget! The Vaseline coats and moisturizes your lips, while the sugar exfoliates them and leaves sweet :)

 Here's what you'll need: Vaseline. Sugar. Toothbrush or Spoolie.


Step 1: Rub a nice amount of the Vaseline into your lips - enough to fully coat and then some

Step 2: Use your clean toothbrush or spoolie to dip and press into the Vaseline just to coat it a little

Step 3: Then dip the toothbrush or spoolie into the Sugar (just plain granulated white sugar)

Step 4: Gently rub the toothbrush in small circles all around your lips and your natural lip line

Step 5: After you've exfoliated (gently), use a moist wipe, such as a baby wipe, or a damp towel will work as well. Gently wipe off all of the sugar scrub from your lips.

Step 6: Apply your favorite lip balm or moisturizer of choice

Now....if you do not have an extra toothbrush or make up spoolie around the house, no worries, use your ring finger instead. In beauty school, I learned that your ring finger applies the least amount of pressure (or at least that's what they said lol) so whenever you use eye cream or are applying this scrub, be mindful to use your ring finger. And, If you do not have any Vaseline, Olive Oil will serve as a great substitute for the scrub.

There is one last step that I've done for as long as I can remember. My sister and daughter do this every night as well. 

Step 7: Before we go to bed, we always apply a generous amount of Vaseline (use your balm of choice) to our lips. This helps to keep them soft throughout the night and your lips feel great in the morning. Well...only if you managed to keep it on while you slept LOL.

If you try it, let me know if you love it just as much as I do!

Christian Joy


You can follow this blog and join to the right of the page. If you want to stay connected with Christian Joy, feel free to join our mailing list here and for our P:31 mailing list and Network sign up here!



4 comments:

  1. It is awesome....even tried it on the kids horribly dry lips but being ever so careful as not to make it "girly". lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....yes guys need exfoliation too, now how to make it "manly" is another issue LOL...you're the one who got the boy so I'll leave that creativity to you lol

      Delete
  2. Wow! I would have never thought that sugar could be used as a cleaning agent. I got teased too when I was little. They called me a Mermaid (in French) because my hips were too big. I think we learned to appreciate ourselves more as we get older.I truly believe that confidence comes with aging sometimes.
    Great blog. I am now following you.
    http://www.chicfromhair2toe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nerline, I agree that we often become more confident in our skin with age. You better rock those hips! :) Sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid and is a natural humectant, besides its exfoliation properties. Thank you for following, I'll be back up with regular post starting next week. Your blog is great....I am now following YOU too!

      Delete